1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Became an uncle. Moved into a 2-person place. wrote for pipe organ. Started dating an -ex again.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Mm I don't remember now; I don't believe I had made any big ones...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
only my sister! :)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Elle's son ... also Ian Harrison :( but in both cases we weren't really 'close'.
5. What countries did you visit?
only the high country; twice
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Nothing comes to mind; I guess I would like to have less things.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
- the day feeding horses in cobden
- the day we got the brunswick place - then the day we got this one :)
- the day playing soccer against Ghana
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
mm it wasn't like there was 'one big thing'... rather, there were ongoing acheivements that were, and are - lots of continual work. If i had to pick one 'event', it would probably be finishing my organ work?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably not seeing friends enough; and also blogging or writing enough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mm no; i got through pretty Scott-free this year
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Holidays! And related such things for the little trips throughout all year :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My girl's , for tackling everything and coming out the other side smiling.
Also Chris - who did a simply fierce amount of work this year - for me, for syntax, for everyone.
Nick from ANAM, for obvious reasons.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Brendan Nelson's? Peter Garrett's? Seriously not too many others though...
14. Where did most of your money go?
good places... mostly clearing debts and financial stability; also rent, fuel, and syntax.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Dating my girl, again :)
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
Yes, probably Kate Miller-Heidke's album.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
About the same? I mean I'm really happy, but I was in good shape at the turn of last year
ii. Thinner or fatter?
About the same.. maybe a tiny amount more unfit
iii. Richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Meditating. Market shopping and organic cooking. Seeing friends. Composing and playing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
working, worrying about details
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent Christmas eating salads with immediate family, playing with zac, falling asleep, and watching DVDs with other family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
yes, comprehensively.. again :)
22. How many one night stands in this last year?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
seinfield, samurai jack, World News Australia and certain soccer matches
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
mm... probably "The Classic of Tea" by Lu Yu
26. What was your greatest musical discovery in 2008?
Probably Webwern's Piano Concertos, and the music of Kate Miller-Heidke
27. What did you want and get?
pretty much everything and more! Unexplainably lucky/fortunate year
28. What did you want and not get?
Mm nothing comes to mind; I don't have that many epic 'wants'.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
geez, probably "Buddha's lost children", or "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring again"
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My 27th - worked during the day but had a pefect day including one of the films above. Someone filled my house with balloons and suprises... =7
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
mm again i don't feel like it 'lacked' a lot. More rain?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Australia says Sorry, Feb 13 2008
36. Who did you miss?
My uni teachers, some friends
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Sam from Soccer, he's ace
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
There are more important things to do than rush and race.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
mmm can't think of any.....
music: orff - carmina burana